Happy Easter! Finally the light is coming back. Tulips are finding their way up through the wet, black soil and there is hope for a bright summer again. What better way to celebrate Easter with then eating fresh green asparagus with poached eggs and truffle? It looks rather elegant on a set table and the taste is delicate, a pure joy for each one around the table.
No reason to mess around, let’s just get started, right!
Green asparagus with poached eggs and truffle
A bunch (or two!) of green asparagus
1 tbs neutral oil
1 tbs good quality truffle oil
A few small pinches of (Maldon) salt
How do I do it?
1. Prepare 2 pans with water, 1 big for the asparagus and 1 smaller for the eggs. Let it come to cook.
2. Prepare 1 smaller bowl with a thin plastic film, it should be a piece of about 30-40 cm big square. Cover the bowl with the film and add just a few drips of neutral oil to it, Grease the plastic film with a small brush or with your fingers. Carefully crack an egg into the plastic film. Sprinkle some salt and a few drips of truffle oil on top.
3. Tie the plastic film tightly around the egg so that there is no air in between. Cover the egg once more the same way to make sure it is really closed. Make a knot on top of the egg. Repeat the same thing with al 4 eggs.
4. Place the eggs in a boiling pan and shut off the heat completely. Set the timer for 10 minutes and leave it for now.
5. Clean the asparagus, cut the ends (about 3-4 cm) and throw it away. See that the water in the pan is boiling and add the asparagus to it. See that they are completely covered in water.
6. Cook the asparagus for 4-6 minutes depending how much bite you prefer.
7. When the eggs are ready, cut the plastic open very carefully and with the help of a spoon place them on top of your green asparagus. Sprinkle some truffle salt or black salt on top as decoration. Enjoy!