Sometimes you need something quick for when in a hurry. Maybe you overslept, maybe you need something in between work and sport or maybe you just want to munch on something with your afternoon tea. And you want it to be good for you. The keyword here is planning. Because you just know, this will happen every now and then. It happens me more often than I would like. But when prepared, it doesn’t cause any problems at all. You just know, “I go the freezer, pick out my healthy muffin and I will be set to go”. In other words, a good feeling in mind and stomach.
The muffins are truly filling and full of fiber due to the healthy coconut flour (not to be mixed up with finely grated coconut!). The zucchini makes it moist, the nuts and seeds give it a crunch and the blueberries create a sweet explosion in your mouth every now and then. No needs for sugar, gluten or any milk products. Hurrah!
Let’s get to work!
Makes 7 muffins
150 gram/5,35 oz zucchini
50 gram/1,75 oz deodorized coconut oil
1 tsp grounded vanilla powder
a pinch of salt
45 gram/1,60 oz coconut flour (I like the one from Aman Prana)
1 tsp baking powder
a good splash of grounded cinnamon and a little less of cardamom
a handful of (raw)pistachios,
a handful of (raw)pumpkin seeds and raw
a handful of (raw) dried blueberries (I always buy mine from Unlimitedhealth.nl)
How do I do it?
1. Set the oven on 200° C. Prepare your muffin shapes on a baking tray.
2. Grate the zucchini.
3. Add all ingredients part from the nuts, seeds and blueberries to a mixer bowl. Mix it well until you have an equal batter.
4. Add the nuts, seeds and blueberries to the batter and fold them in without breaking them too much.
5. Divide the batter in your muffins shapes. If you want to make it a bit fancy, add some extra seeds and blueberries on the top. Don’t forget to push it down slightly though as you don’t want them to burn.
6. Set the timer for 25 minutes. When ready, let them cool off slightly before digging in.
7. If you are planning to put your muffins in the freezer, let them cool off completely before you place them in a suitable freezer bag.
This recipe is free of gluten, sugar and lactose. It is suitable for LCHF and Paleo diet.