A quick pasta dish with courgette in a creamy sauce is a real savior when in need! Lots of flavor, easy to make and with fresh vegetables that makes you jump for joy.
Yes, sometimes you can get really happy from food! Almost like falling in love. Unexpected and with butterflies in your stomach.
Or like when you really do not have time but fix something anyway and you are just so happy with the result.
To get that creamy sauce, I used my homemade cashew sour cream (link), but if you would happen to have yogurt or cream of any kind at home, I’m sure it works as well.
I grate the courgette and let it drain on a towel for at least an hour, you can even prepare it in the morning if it suits your schedule better. Then the dinner will be ready in 15 minutes when it’s dinner time.
Cooking the pasta is what takes the longest time, but you could replace it with a raw, spiraled veggie pasta if you want to speed it up a bit more.
Would there be any leftovers by any chance, save it and put on your sandwich the day after. Yum!
Let’s get to work!
Quick pasta dish with courgette in a creamy sauce
Enough pasta of you own choice for one person
1.5 courgette +1/2 teaspoon salt
Some oil for baking
2 charlotte onions
1 garlic clove (optional)
Just over 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried thyme
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3-4 tablespoons cashew sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few tablespoons of pasta water if needed to dilute the sauce
A handful cherry tomatoes
More parsley (optional)
Lemon peel and the juice of half a lemon juice (optional)
Raw parmesan roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
How do I do it?
1. Preparation; Grate the courgette roughly. Sprinkle salt on top and add the courgette to a kitchen towel placed on a plate. Fold the edges of the towel over the courgette to prevent it from drying out. Leave the courgette like that for at least 1 hour.
2. At dinnertime; Let the water for the pasta come to a boil in a pan. Meanwhile chop parsley and slice the onion. Prepare any of the other vegetables such as tomatoes and avocado for the serving. Set aside until the serving.
3. Bake the onion soft (including the optional sliced garlic) on low heat in a deep-frying pan with some oil.
4. Add the grated courgette to the frying pan on a high heat. Bake a few minutes. Add the thyme, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Add the cashew sour cream to the pan and stir carefully. If necessary, add some of the boiling water from the pasta to make it easier to stir. Make sure everything is hot but avoid boiling more than a few minutes. The courgette should still have some bite when ready.
5. Drain the ready pasta through a colander and stir it together with the sauce. Garnish with the cut vegetables, olives, more parsley and grated lemon peel and lemon juice on top. Enjoy!
This recipe is free from lactose, gluten, soya and refined sugar.
Add gluten free pasta of your own choice.