Lemon, parmesan and butter – it simply can’t go wrong!
This is something easygoing to make for lunch; it’s comforting, warm and really tasty!
This time I have made it with pointed cabbage but often I also make it with just plain iceberg salad. I know it sound strange to boil your salad but it gets a sensational nutty taste. You just got to give it a try!
But let’s go back to the lunch, I’m hungry!
Lets get to work!
2 liter boiling water
1 pointed cabbage (or equal amount iceberg salad)
2 tbsp of real butter
Flaky salt (preferably Maldon)
Fresh grained pepper
1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
2 tbsp raw pistachios
A handful of flatleaved parsley
How do I do it?
1. Set 1 liter of water to boil in a big pan. Clean the outside of the cabbage/iceberg salad under running water.
2. Cut the cabbage/salad in 4 separate, equal parts (each one still kept together by the root-end) and add it to the boiling water, root-end first in the water if standing in the pan.
3. Boil the cabbage for about 4-5 minutes or the iceberg salad for about 1,5 minute. They should be just about al dente! Meanwhile chop up the parsley in smaller pieces.
4. Drain the hot veggies in a strainer and place in a deep serving bowl.
5. Shave the parmesan over in thin flakes, add the butter on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Grate the lemon, squeeze the lemon juice and our pour it over. Sprinkle the cut parsley over the cabbage.
6. To finish it off, add crushed pistachios or, if available, crushed kale crisps on top to even more stress all good flavor coming together.